If you want to sell a home fast, create a roomy atmosphere. Top realtors that sell homes quickly will specialize in depersonalized and clutter-free areas designed for mass appeal. That concept is a winner in residential real estate, home stagers say.
• “Staged” properties sell about 50 percent faster than homes stuffed with quirky collections, unique interiors and personal photographs. Many professional tricks are easy and affordable.
• Create curbside appeal. An unkempt lawn, dying plants and a dirty walkway will discourage sellers, says Angelina Perez, owner of Bertone, a home-staging company based in Aventura, Fla. She recommends sprucing up the lawn with affordable plants, fresh mulch and the use of a pair of clippers.
• Hire a professional pressure cleaner. Clean the driveway, walkway and exterior walls. Consider new paint for the facade. And look out for small hand prints or paw prints on doors and windows.
• Depersonalize. Remove personal collections, one-of-a kind accessories and even family photographs, says Mark Baratto, a certified home stager and real estate agent at www.bInnovational.com, a South Florida-based home staging company.
• Streamline. Too much furniture and clutter detract from the basic bones of a home. “If you can’t see it, you can’t sell it,” Baratto says.
• Hit the sales. Baratto recommends buying vases, candles and generic art from the sales section of Pier I and other retail chains. Look for generic items. “You gotta think sell, sell, sell,” . Also keep an eye out for lightly scented candles, especially those that smell like just-baked apple pie or chocolate chip cookies.
• Spruce up the bathroom. Toss out the old shower curtain and replace unmatched, thread-worn towels. Shop for looks and don’t fret over the quality of the towels, Perez says. “It’s more of a show. You’re showcasing your home.”
• Clean, clean, clean. If you’re not a competent housekeeper, hire a professional crew to do your dirty work. Hire a professional carpet cleaner. One with a good 30 day stay clean Guarantee. This will help when you have open houses and people track all over the carpet. You want the carpet to always look clean. Carpet is the largest and most expensive investment in your home and potential home buyers may not want to take on the added expense of replacing it. Call PowerPRO Carpet Cleaning at1-800-CLEAN-MY CARPETS. OR 1-800-253-2669 Rich Moore will be glad to assist you with all your cleaning needs, or visit them on the web at Carpet Cleaning NJ http://www.powerprocarpetcleaning.com
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
When it comes to professional carpet cleaning you need to be careful, You should choose a carpet cleaning company that pre vacuumes. It is a deeper more thorough cleaning when the carpet is vacuumed first. Most of the soil in a carpet is dry soil. It is much better to get the dry soil out of the carpet before you wet the carpet. For more details on choosing a carpet cleaner please call 1-800-CLEAN-MY CARPETS or 1-800-253-2669 OR VISIT carpet cleaning NJ